Sunday, August 30, 2015

You know the river…


     “Nature, nurture, heaven and home…, [you’re] helpless by the river,” but…

…you’re no nascent neophyte grasping this glimmer.
You know the river you’ve trekked for…, now far,
far from home, deep within, knowing you’re close.
One more step and it’s yours. - (I await you there.)

I’ve been on its far shore long now, watching,
waiting and watching for those I’ve shown,
for those I’ve shown sands chirping underfoot,
now near, so near…, deep inside each one.

They know, or they’d not be here but for keening,
driven to know its deepest reality…, beyond flesh,
only found from within.    ◊ Now step with me…,
step with me nearer its shores across the universe.

“Nature, nurture, heaven and home,” we stand with her.
“Angel, angel, what have I done? - I’ve faced the quakes,
the wind, the fire.”
- I’ve conquered all things before.
“Why can’t I cross this river?” - Listen close now…, near.

This river, not from this backwater, traverses all things,
all things within and without, “dimly” beyond every galaxy.
Faster the closer you get, its light brighter & brighter.
“Pay no mind to […] battles you’ve won […with] rage & muscle.”

There’s more “here” than you’ve known before, just inside.
It’s been there all along…, only now you seek in earnest.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“The hands of the many must join as one, and together,
together we’ll cross the river.
[…] Nature, nurture,

heaven and home, sum of all and by them driven.”

Our only answer within, driven hard aport, knowing
we knew nowhere else we’d go, upon our first breath,
our first gasp of life…, no denying, even then.

I know you remember. - •selah•

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This river, beyond blur down its linear toroid tongue,
velocity beyond velocity, unknowable without oars digging.
With great effort I finally found its center, speed blinding,
and I saw all things, my own insignificant, on its eternal crest,

far beyond just within, always hoped for…, finally found.+

--RK, 11:20pmEDST, 8/29/2015 ◊ 9:10pmEDST, 8/30/2015
     [This Adam understood, after first breath. - •selah• ]
      “Open your heart and hands my sons, or you’ll never make it o’er the river.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be brief, thanks. - *smile*