Friday, June 5, 2015

Led Zeppelin’s Kashmir


From inside…
     Ya’ had to be there “en psychedelia” to understand.
     They were young, deeply-informed within, no questions…, yeah.
     I was there, deep within, listening, keenly close, knowing…,
     knowing you’d never understand, not now…, sadly…

“Oh let the sun beat down upon my face, stars to fill my dreams.
I’m a traveler of both time and space, to be where I have been,
to sit with elders of the gentle race, this world has seldom seen.
[They] talk of days for which they sit and wait…, all will be revealed.

Talk of song from tongues of lilting grace, whose sounds caress my ears,
but not a word I heard could I relate, the story was quite clear.
Oh, oh, oh. - Oh, oh, oh, oh.

Oooooh…, baby, I’ve been flyin’…,
Oooh, yeah, mama, there ain’t no denyin’…, oh!
Oooh, yeah, I’ve been flyin’, mama, ma, ain’t no denyin’, no denyin’…

Oh, all I see turns to brown…, as the sun burns the ground.
And my eyes fill with sand…, as I scan this wasted land.
Tryin’ to find, tryin’ to find where I’ve been…, ahh, ahh, ahhh…

Oh pilot of the storm who leaves no trace, like thoughts inside a dream,
heeds the path that led me to that place…, yellow desert stream.
My Shangri La beneath the summer moon…, I will return again,
sure as the dust that floats high in June when movin’ through Kashmir.

Oh Father of the four winds, fill my sails, across the sea of years,
with no provision but an open face, lords the straits of fear.
Ohh, ohh. - Ohh, ohh…, ohh, ohh, ohh…, ohh…
Ohhh…, well, when I’m on, when I’m on my way, yeah,
when I see, when I see the way, you stay…, yeah.

Ooh, yeah-yeah, ooh, yeah-yeah, when I’m down…, yeah.
Ooh, yeah-yeah, ooh, yeah-yeah, when I’m down, so down.
Ooh, my baby, oooh, my baby, let me take you there.

Ohh, come on, come on, oh, let me take you there. - Let me take you there.
Ooh, yeah-yeah, ooh, yeah-yeah…”+

--RK, 1:23amEDST, 6/5/2015
     [Accurate, newly-transcribed lyrics.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be brief, thanks. - *smile*