Tuesday, June 9, 2015

For those who mourn


From above…, “There is no pain. - You are receding…,”
     I knew the numbness, but never let it thrum through me.
     Alert as ever, I’ve found brilliant light soon now to be.

“HELLOW, Hellow, hellow…? - Is there anybody in there?

Just nod if you can hear me. - Is there anyone home?
COME ON, Come On, come on, now. - I hear you’re feelin’ down.
Well I can ease your pain, get you on your feet again.
RELAX, Relax, relax…, I need some information first, just the basic facts.

Can you show me where it hurts? - There is no pain.
You are receding, a distant ship’s smoke on the horizon.
You are only comin’ through in waves. - Your lips move,
but I can’t hear what you’re sayin’.


When I was a child I had a fever. - My hands felt just like
two balloons. - Now I’ve got that feelin’ once again.
I can’t explain. - You would not understand.
This is not how I am. - I… have become comfortably numb.

I… have become comfortably numb. - OK, Ok, ok…
Just a little pinprick. - There’ll be no more… Aaaaaah!
But you may feel a little sick. - Can ya’ stand up?
I do believe it’s working, good! - That’ll keep ya’ goin’ for the show.

Come on, it’s time to go. - There is no pain.
You are receding, a distant ship’s smoke on the horizon.
You are only comin’ through in waves. - Your lips move,
but I can’t hear what you’re sayin’.


When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse
out of the corner of my eye. - I turned to look
but it was gone. - I cannot put my finger on it now.
The child is grown. - The dream is gone.

I… have become comfortably numb.”+

--RK, 11:06pmEDST, 6/9/2015
     [Pink Floyd’s Comfortably Numb by Merygore. - Accurate, newly-transcribed lyrics.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be brief, thanks. - *smile*