Friday, May 15, 2015

Those you don’t know…


     “Can you feel it comin’ in the air tonight?
       …I’ve been waitin’ for this moment…, for all my life.”
- Phil Collins

I know those you don’t know, not of this world.
Been here so long, I didn’t realize you didn’t.
I don’t mind, no way to introduce you now.
Acquaintances from way before your time, lost...,

…lost in time’s long mist & man’s black lies.
But I remember, the deep would not let me forget.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything profound to me, though not you.
And I always wonder, but I see why not.

Your deep regret will fall hard upon you,
like Niagra, unrelenting, driving you down,
because it’s always, always been there inside,
inside you, no one else…, no excuses now.

How long shall I bewail your heart, your…,
your mind never listening, blocking my words,
words carefully crafted, for you, alone there,
inside you, where you’ve never explored, but…,

…but I’ve been there all along, prodding you,
prodding to realize there’s nowhere else to go,
not for the greatest treasure of all, there…,
…within you, where only you can reach,

but you’ve let the world turn you away…,
lost in oblivion, for eventual destruction.
You can’t say I didn’t try, not then, or now,
nor when end finds you, though never again.

And those you never knew, and I, will soar far away,
where there’ll be no remembrance of former things. - *selah*

--RK, 10:00pm, 5/15/2015
     “Well, I was there and I saw what you did.
        I saw it with my own two eyes.
        So you can wipe off that grin.
        I know where you’ve been.
        It’s all been a pack ’a’ lies.”
+

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be brief, thanks. - *smile*