Thursday, October 23, 2014

Close to home…


     “You already decided to go through this door.
        Don’t act like you have to think about it now.”
+

Yeah, that’s right, I was part of Project Blue Book.
I’ve been saving this one for a long time.
So, why is that so surprising to you, eh?
I was a subject of their investigations.

I was fourteen when I saw them, three,
tight triangle formation at high altitude,
headed directly east, obvious disc shapes,
no blur or blinking lights, cloudless mid-day,

just north of zenith, sound following behind,
by ninety degrees, and with no jet contrails.
Made my report, never heard back, redacted,
not included in the book, too exactingly detailed.

Yeah, and in 1967 they hovered over me,
their jump jet less than thirty feet above.
I stumbled off my bicycle, still looking up,
and watched it start moving slowly southward,

toward the naval air station I lived close by
where I worked as a scullery boy the next year…
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Still on their radar, I keep a watch on them, too,
as they skulk in their dark mist of nondisclosure…+ - *selah*

--RK, 8:30pmEDST, 10/23/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be brief, thanks. - *smile*