Sunday, March 23, 2014

Outlaws

Through distant nights, slogging through molasses,
they planned hate in the dark, stumbling, shoving,
blinder than blind, still seeking soothe of darkness,
thinking to find advantage in cover from light. +

Too late even at beginning,
they knew, sequestered, lost,
still subjugating thoughtless insects
caught in amber of perception.

All within unknown, unseen, beyond horizon,
horizon of awareness, consciousness unknown,
dead dormant, ill of knowledge, dank of wisdom,
swept up in their murderous passing, unseen,

missed of none, while Lain watched blurred lines fade.

--RK, 9:11pm, 3/23/2014 (edited 11:49pm, 3/26/2014)

      Inspired by Serial Experiments Lain’s
        series end theme song lyrics: +


“I thought I was innocent,
but I’m being punished.
I didn’t start this, but
I have to finish it somehow.

I can’t say I didn’t know about it,
but I don’t remember taking part in it.
I get the feeling my freedom cost me dearly,
but I don’t remember selling my soul cheaply.

Hey, hey! - Until I die and say goodbye…
Hey, hey! - …no one will ever catch me.
---------------------------------------------------
You probably don’t know the eternal outlaws…
…who wander the distant night.”
(sic)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be brief, thanks. - *smile*