Friday, May 25, 2007

Sky unspeakable . . .

The Great Orion Nebula
So great a sea of quantic flux
between me and wondrous sky;
distance so short, quark to quark,
memory made clear in murk of melancholy.

Every detail's detail studied, my own;
and love for that sky in great exultation,
where sky, full in glory of gaseous nebula,
held this one's heart in soft crucible, before

I was brought here to find, that from within
which was far, far greater in elation
than all the joy found from before
I knew of this need, until one day

when, in my study, I laid head on folded arms
and departed that world for the first time,
and was carried to this one, in single purpose,
of climbing Jacob's Ladder, to Door of third heaven.

Carried, incapable of taking the final step,
that Door, opening unto eternity itself.
"A man in Christ above fourteen years ago, ...
  such an one caught up to the third heaven."+

Three years remembering second heaven,
carried through precious Threshhold; then
(among that cloud of witnesses who watch)
unto third heaven, unto paradise itself.

   --for Him

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be brief, thanks. - *smile*