Friday, May 25, 2007

Glory whispering . . .

rainbow east of Red Mountain park northeast of Mesa
I have watched the sun set upside down.
"I am falling, I am fading, I have lost it all."...
"I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning,
  Help me to breathe; I am hurting, I have lost it all,
  I am losing, help me to breathe."*+

I was waiting, praying, thinking I'd lost it all.
I was watching, entreating, driven below the waves,
He helped me to breathe; I was hurting, thinking
I'd lost it all, I was losing, and He helped me to breathe.
Again I watched the sun set upside down . . .

I hoped you'd understand, but anger turned you away.
You were falling, fading, you were drowning;
unable to breathe, you were hurting, having lost it all.
You were losing, still unable to breathe,
and you glimpsed the sun setting straight up.

A shame you seemed an honest one,
I saw lifetimes ago when many suns rose at starset,
its glory, too wonderful to behold, whispering . . .
intricacies of starlight through darkness,
chaotic filigree of stardust elation interwoven.

*from Duvet by Boa, sung by Jasmine Rodgers
 --4/28/07

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be brief, thanks. - *smile*